April 2022 Board Meeting Recap
April 2022 Board Meeting
The board meeting video for each section of the agenda is linked below.
- Taft MS Dance Team State Champions in Junior High Pom, State Champions in Junior High Ensemble, and State Runner-up in Junior High Solo.
- Introduction of Alyssa Bell, new assistant principal for Eisenhower Elementary
- Approved the CKLA curriculum adoption for 2022-23 for elementary
- Approved CPHS out-of-country field trip to France and Spain
- Approved bid package for upcoming construction at Col. Wheeler Middle School.
- Thank you to the teams of teachers who build our Buzz courses and help with curriculum review
- Thank you to principals for their efforts as we are in the busiest part of hiring season
- Military ceremony for grads at CPHS will take place next week
- Exceptional Education Parent Advisory Group meeting was held last week
- First annual Transition Fair for exceptional learners will be Wednesday evening
- Thank you to our building level social media reps who have made more than 1500 Facebook posts this year that have had nearly 1 million views
- Recognition of and thanks to the many contractors who are bidding on our construction projects, as well as Skillman and Gibraltar for their attention to detail and support.
- Thank you to the Lacrosse team for sharing their comments earlier. Explanation of next steps for the team's concerns/requests.
- Explanation of the August 10th start date for 2022-2023 school year.
- Thanks for organizing Coffee & Conversation with superintendent Dr. Terrill, and for making himself available to meet with community.
- Board was recognized via the ISBA for their continuing education.
- Wheeler and Taft MS bands and orchestra for their state ISSMA awards.
- Scott Reid - congrats on his retirement.
- CPTV and Dog Radio winning state competition.